Roast Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing
Root vegetables are jam packed with nutrients and are an excellent source of dietary fiber required for good digestive function, and slow releasing complex carbohydrates to fuel your brain and body. Root vegetables like sweet potato, beetroot and carrots are high in beta-carotene an important nutrient that helps combat inflammation in the body and supports eye health and immune function.
1 tsp raw honey or 100% pure maple syrup
1) Set oven temperature to 200*C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2) Toss vegetables in olive oil. Toss beetroot separately so all of your vegetables don’t turn red.
3) Place sweet potato and beetroot on one tray and then onion, turnips and carrots on the other tray. Sprinkle in sea salt and then put in the oven.
4) Place trays in the oven and bake root veggies for around 40 minutes (until they are cooked through and golden brown). You can take the onion tray out after around 25-30 minutes.
5) Blend dressing ingredients together. Add a little water, 1 tbsp at a time, if you desire a thinner dressing.
6) Serve your roasted vegetables on a serving dish drizzled in dressing. Also delicious served with green leafs like baby spinach or rocket.
This simple red clover herbal tea recipe is highly medicinal and nutritional. A great source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin C and
This gorgeous gluten-free peach & almond cake recipe is packed with protein to build & repair the body & dietary fibre to support gut health
With a fresh and zesty taste, everyone is sure to love this walnut pesto! The recipe uses stinging nettle, which helps to keep allergies at bay