Roast Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing
Root vegetables are jam packed with nutrients and are an excellent source of dietary fiber required for good digestive function, and slow releasing complex carbohydrates to fuel your brain and body. Root vegetables like sweet potato, beetroot and carrots are high in beta-carotene an important nutrient that helps combat inflammation in the body and supports eye health and immune function.
1 tsp raw honey or 100% pure maple syrup
1) Set oven temperature to 200*C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2) Toss vegetables in olive oil. Toss beetroot separately so all of your vegetables don’t turn red.
3) Place sweet potato and beetroot on one tray and then onion, turnips and carrots on the other tray. Sprinkle in sea salt and then put in the oven.
4) Place trays in the oven and bake root veggies for around 40 minutes (until they are cooked through and golden brown). You can take the onion tray out after around 25-30 minutes.
5) Blend dressing ingredients together. Add a little water, 1 tbsp at a time, if you desire a thinner dressing.
6) Serve your roasted vegetables on a serving dish drizzled in dressing. Also delicious served with green leafs like baby spinach or rocket.
Beetroot & Kumera Quiche
RECIPE Beetroot & Kumera QuicheOverviewThis wholesome quiche made with beetroot and kumera provides plenty of protective antioxidants that are crucial for neutralizing cell damaging free radicals. Kumera is also an excellent source of beta-carotene, which...
Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken
RECIPE Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken OverviewIf you have an Instant Pot or a traditional slow cooker, this recipe is for you! This delicious dinner is great for the whole family. The recipe was entered into our Cape Cod Select's, "Blogger Recipe Challenge" by Shannon...
Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
RECIPE Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream OverviewA plant-based recipe once-tried, you'll soon often crave- you're going to rave about this delicious way to incorporate an often overlooked superfood: cranberries. As an Eco Farm Finder farm, Cape Cod...