Orange, Turmeric and Pistachio Cake
Almond meal is a nutritious alternative to regular flour in cakes, which gives a lovely light texture and provides vital amino acids needed to build and repair the body. This lovely cake also boasts plenty of beta-carotene, zinc and magnesium, which are needed to support healthy nervous system function and immune health.
2 organic oranges
5 organic eggs
1/3 cup honey + 1 heap tbsp
2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup organic polenta or cornmeal
1/2 heap tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
Decorate with slices of orange, flowers, roughly chopped pistachios
1) Preheat oven to 170*C.
2) Grease a large cake tin with some coconut oil and cut out a circle of baking paper for the bottom of the tin. This will prevent your cake from sticking.
3) Place whole oranges (with skin) in a large pot of boiling water and simmer for 1 hour with the lid on.
4) Once oranges are cooked, cut them in quarters and place them in your food processor.
5) Add all the other ingredients to your food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and well combined.
6) Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out cleanly from the center.
7) Drizzle cake in honey.
8) Allow cake to cool and then decorate with fresh fruit, flowers, pistachios and serve.
Delicious served with natural yogurt
Beetroot & Kumera Quiche
RECIPE Beetroot & Kumera QuicheOverviewThis wholesome quiche made with beetroot and kumera provides plenty of protective antioxidants that are crucial for neutralizing cell damaging free radicals. Kumera is also an excellent source of beta-carotene, which...
Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken
RECIPE Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken OverviewIf you have an Instant Pot or a traditional slow cooker, this recipe is for you! This delicious dinner is great for the whole family. The recipe was entered into our Cape Cod Select's, "Blogger Recipe Challenge" by Shannon...
Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
RECIPE Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream OverviewA plant-based recipe once-tried, you'll soon often crave- you're going to rave about this delicious way to incorporate an often overlooked superfood: cranberries. As an Eco Farm Finder farm, Cape Cod...