Orange, Turmeric and Pistachio Cake
Almond meal is a nutritious alternative to regular flour in cakes, which gives a lovely light texture and provides vital amino acids needed to build and repair the body. This lovely cake also boasts plenty of beta-carotene, zinc and magnesium, which are needed to support healthy nervous system function and immune health.
2 organic oranges
5 organic eggs
1/3 cup honey + 1 heap tbsp
2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup organic polenta or cornmeal
1/2 heap tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
Decorate with slices of orange, flowers, roughly chopped pistachios
1) Preheat oven to 170*C.
2) Grease a large cake tin with some coconut oil and cut out a circle of baking paper for the bottom of the tin. This will prevent your cake from sticking.
3) Place whole oranges (with skin) in a large pot of boiling water and simmer for 1 hour with the lid on.
4) Once oranges are cooked, cut them in quarters and place them in your food processor.
5) Add all the other ingredients to your food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and well combined.
6) Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out cleanly from the center.
7) Drizzle cake in honey.
8) Allow cake to cool and then decorate with fresh fruit, flowers, pistachios and serve.
Delicious served with natural yogurt
This simple red clover herbal tea recipe is highly medicinal and nutritional. A great source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin C and
This gorgeous gluten-free peach & almond cake recipe is packed with protein to build & repair the body & dietary fibre to support gut health
With a fresh and zesty taste, everyone is sure to love this walnut pesto! The recipe uses stinging nettle, which helps to keep allergies at bay