Gluten-Free Pistachio Cake with Citrus Frosting
This lovely wholesome cake contains plenty of protein needed to build and repair the body, along with zinc and magnesium for immune health and energy production. You will also get a good dose of heart-friendly monounsaturated fats to help keep cholesterol levels in check. The healthy citrus frosting made with cream cheese adds extra calcium and protein for strong healthy bones.
3 cups almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1/3 cup orange juice
Zest of an organic orange
1/4 cup whole pistachios + extra topping
225g cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla bean extract
4 tsp orange juice
1 heap tsp organic orange zest
3 Tbsp raw honey
1) Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease a 6 inch round cake tin and line with baking paper.
2) Place all cake ingredients into your food processor and blend until well combined.
3) Pour mixture into the cake tin and smooth over the top.
4) Place in the oven for 50 mins or until a skewer come out cleaning from the middle.
5) Mix all frosting ingredients together until smooth and well combined.
6) Allow cake to cool completely before covering it with frosting. Decorate with roughly chopped pistachios, dried orange slices or fresh flowers.
Almond meal is a nutritious alternative to regular flour in cakes, which gives a lovely light texture and provides vital amino acids needed
Hemp seeds are a fantastic vegan protein source and they’re one of the richest plant sources of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids.
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or healthy dessert. Chocolate, when in its raw cacao form…