Gluten-Free Pistachio Cake with Citrus Frosting
This lovely wholesome cake contains plenty of protein needed to build and repair the body, along with zinc and magnesium for immune health and energy production. You will also get a good dose of heart-friendly monounsaturated fats to help keep cholesterol levels in check. The healthy citrus frosting made with cream cheese adds extra calcium and protein for strong healthy bones.
3 cups almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1/3 cup orange juice
Zest of an organic orange
1/4 cup whole pistachios + extra topping
225g cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla bean extract
4 tsp orange juice
1 heap tsp organic orange zest
3 Tbsp raw honey
1) Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease a 6 inch round cake tin and line with baking paper.
2) Place all cake ingredients into your food processor and blend until well combined.
3) Pour mixture into the cake tin and smooth over the top.
4) Place in the oven for 50 mins or until a skewer come out cleaning from the middle.
5) Mix all frosting ingredients together until smooth and well combined.
6) Allow cake to cool completely before covering it with frosting. Decorate with roughly chopped pistachios, dried orange slices or fresh flowers.
Beetroot & Kumera Quiche
RECIPE Beetroot & Kumera QuicheOverviewThis wholesome quiche made with beetroot and kumera provides plenty of protective antioxidants that are crucial for neutralizing cell damaging free radicals. Kumera is also an excellent source of beta-carotene, which...
Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken
RECIPE Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken OverviewIf you have an Instant Pot or a traditional slow cooker, this recipe is for you! This delicious dinner is great for the whole family. The recipe was entered into our Cape Cod Select's, "Blogger Recipe Challenge" by Shannon...
Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
RECIPE Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream OverviewA plant-based recipe once-tried, you'll soon often crave- you're going to rave about this delicious way to incorporate an often overlooked superfood: cranberries. As an Eco Farm Finder farm, Cape Cod...