Beetroot & Kumera Quiche
This wholesome quiche made with beetroot and kumera provides plenty of protective antioxidants that are crucial for neutralizing cell damaging free radicals. Kumera is also an excellent source of beta-carotene, which converted to vitamin A in the body to help support good eyesight and to help prevent degenerative eye conditions like macular degeneration.
Decorate with either nuts or seeds of choice (walnuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds) or fresh rosemary.
1) Set oven temperature to 200*C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2) Toss vegetables in olive oil. Toss beetroot separately so all of your vegetables don’t turn red.
3) Grease around the quiche with some butter then line the bottom with some baking paper.
4) Press base mixture down into the tin and press it down evenly so it comes all the way up sides. Try to make base as thin as you can. With fork, make some holes in bottom of base.
5) Put base in oven for 13 minutes and then set it aside to cool.
6) Lightly brush kumera pieces with olive oil then bake them in oven for around 30–35 mins until soft. While they’re cooking prepare the filling.
7) In large frying pan over medium heat, sauté onion
for 4 mins in olive oil. Add beetroot, garlic and rosemary and cook for further 10 mins. Add apple-cider vinegar, honey, mint and sea salt and pepper and cook for another 2 mins then set aside.
8) In medium bowl whisk eggs and milk and then add beetroot mix. Mix well.
9) Pour egg mixture over base then top with sweet potato and feta and decorate with nuts or seeds of your choice.
10) Put your quiche in oven for 50– 55 mins until it starts to brown and a knife comes out cleanly from the centre.
Tip: Use gloves to grate beetroot to prevent staining.
Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken
RECIPE Cranberry Teriyaki Chicken OverviewIf you have an Instant Pot or a traditional slow cooker, this recipe is for you! This delicious dinner is great for the whole family. The recipe was entered into our Cape Cod Select's, "Blogger Recipe Challenge" by Shannon...
Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
RECIPE Cranberry Swirl Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream OverviewA plant-based recipe once-tried, you'll soon often crave- you're going to rave about this delicious way to incorporate an often overlooked superfood: cranberries. As an Eco Farm Finder farm, Cape Cod...
RECIPE Cranberry Queso Blanco Salsa OverviewFrozen cranberries make the perfect complement to the salsa. With fresh flavors of sweet corn, red and yellow peppers, jalapeno and cranberry- you'll be eating this salsa with breakfast lunch and dinner... with some more...